It’s the weekend and I’m always hungry for something satisfying for on-the-go breakfasts or snacks. I have young kids, need I say more?
Surfing Pinterest, I came across this recipe from Watching-What-I-Eatblogspot.com and decided to give it a go last night.
Peanut Butter Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas (frozen works), mashed until smooth
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used bodylogix whey vanilla bean flavor)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats (or quick oatmeal)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (peanut, walnut, almond, etc.)
- 1/4 cup carob or chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate mini chips)
Thoroughly combine banana and peanut butter until completely mixed and add apple sauce, vanilla protein powder, and extracts. Mix until well incorporated. Add oatmeal, chips, and nuts and combine into mixture. Let dough rest 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
Drop cookie dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet by Tablespoonfuls. Bake 20-23 minutes, time may vary depending on oven, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let rest a couple of minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
These are not super sweet, which makes them great to enjoy eating for breakfast with tea, coffee, or milk or stashed in your bag for on-the-go snacks!