Just made a batch of Bliss Balls from EatSweatThink.com – AMAZING TREATS. The only addition I’ll make next time is 1 Tbsp. chia seeds for the added health nut fix! If you’re so inclined, check-out Lotty’s recipe.
Chocolatey Bliss Balls
These balls are a great little treat to have with a coffee for the chocoholics out there. I have taken them into work as my offering when there is a pot luck morning tea and colleagues often mistake them for chocolate truffles and can’t believe it when I tell them that they are sugar-free. They are so popular I get requests for them now.
Ingredients (Makes 14 to 16 balls)
- 1 cup of sultanas or dates
- 1/2 cup of almond meal & 1/4 cup of flax meal
- Grated zest of half an orange plus the juice of half the orange
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 scope of vanilla protein powder (you can sub this out for a tsp of vanilla extract if you don’t use or have protein powder)
- Coconut threads
- Put all ingredients apart from orange juice and coconut threads in a blender and whizz for a few mins until the mixture is like a very thick paste and starts to ball up – if it’s too dry to mould into a ball add splash of the orange juice.
- Shape mixture into small balls about the size of a walnut .
- Toast coconut threads in a dry pan until then roll balls in the coconut.
- Place balls in fridge for about an hour to harden.
To find more fabulous clean recipes, checkout Lotty’s blog at EatSweatThink.com. Her blog is an excellent source of health and fitness tips. Please share your thoughts – Enjoy 😀