Love these easy to make Peanut Butter Protein Cookies from one of my favorite blogs EAT-SWEAT-THINK.com
Ingredients (makes approx 12 cookies)
- 1 egg,
- 1 cup of natural crunchy peanut butter (Chose a brand that has no add sugar, minimal salt and no preservatives or emulsifiers. A good nut butter will often have oil separated on the top).
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (or you can use chocolate – I like the Red 8 protein powder)
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 5 drops of Stevia (if you prefer it a bit sweeter you can add a tablespoon of raw honey or pure maple syrup instead)
- 2 teaspoons of Chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Half teaspoon of natural vanilla extract
- Optional – If I want them a little sweeter I will sometimes add some finely chopped dates or chunks of 85% dark chocolate.
- Beat the egg in a mixing bowl then mix in all the other ingredients until you have a dough. You can at this stage add in some chopped dates or 85% chocolate chopped up.
- Roll into balls and place on a baking tray (flatten slightly).
- Bake in oven for 10 to 12 mins (or until golden brown) on 180 degrees Celsius (or 350 degrees Fahrenheit). Leave to cool and enjoy.
Great tasty snack that’s easy to make, low g.i. gluten-free and high protein.
When I made a batch, I added 72% cocoa chocolate chunks and used honey as the sweetener. Since we are fans of raisins and dried cranberries, I will add to my next batch. My recipe turned out a bit crumbly, but they were MUCH tastier than I expected and even my Husband enjoyed them 🙂
A special thank you to EAT-SWEAT-THINK.com for sharing her yummy clean eating creations and recipes she has found. This blog is a great inspiration if you’re looking for health and fitness ideas. Happy eating!!