If you’re eating clean this Halloween, I’ve heard this recipe for Pumpkin and Pecan Muffins from beta.primal-palate.com are worth a go! I will be cooking some up tomorrow while the kiddos are home from school for conferences.
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 6 Eggs, Pastured
- 6 Medjool Dates
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, Organic, melted
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bow, combine eggs, vanilla, pumpkin puree, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add coconut flour to batter, and continue to blend.
- In a small bowl, add pitted medjool dates, cover with 1 tablespoon of water and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mash the dates witha fork, add another tablespoon of water, and mash again.
- Add date mixture and melted coconut oil to the mixing bowl, and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Place cupcake papers into a muffin tray, and fill each paper cup 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve with apple butter if desired.
Recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about the beta.primal-palate.com diet and lifestyle.